Steps to Apply for a Truman in Washington Internship
1. Evaluate your coursework and experience to see if you are prepared for an internship. You should have at least a 3.0 GPA.
2. Talk with your academic advisor.
3. Contact campus liaison Dr. Jay Self.
4. Decide if you want your internship experience to count for academic credit. There are three types of internship opportunities.
5. Look into the cost and how your financial aid package might apply if you are doing the internship for credit.
6. Identify potential programs or opportunities. Visit The Washington Center website or view past internships.
7. Complete the appropriate application and interview processes.